- Georgia Lottery instant tickets expire 90 days after the game end date. Draw games expire 180 days after the drawing. Print n Play expire 180 days after purchase.
- Prizes of $600 or less can be claimed at a GA Lottery Retailer.
- Prizes under $500,000 can be paid out same day. Prize amounts over $500,000 may take 5-10 days.
If you’ve arrived at this page, the chances are that you’ve won a prize playing in the Georgia Lottery.
Congratulations! Here, we’ll answer any lingering questions concerning claiming your prize, such as expiration dates, where to claim it, and how long it’ll take to get it.
Let’s dive in.
Do Georgia Lottery Tickets Expire?
Yes. If you’ve won anything from the Georgia Lottery, you’ll want to make a note of this because your winnings can expire.
The expiration date varies depending on the type of game you played.
- Instant Tickets: If you’ve won playing a scratch-off game, you’ll have up to 90 days after the game ends to redeem your prize.
- Draw Tickets: If you win in a draw game like Mega Millions, you’ll have up to 180 days after the drawing you won to claim your prize.
- Print n Play Tickets: You will have up to 180 days from the date of purchase to claim your prize.
Where to Claim Lottery Winnings in Georgia
Claiming your Georgia Lottery winnings depends on how much you won and where.
- Prizes $600 or less: You can claim these prizes at any accredited Georgia Lottery retailer. Alternatively, you can claim them from the Georgia Lottery office or by mail.
- Prizes over $600: If you won over $600, you must claim your winnings from the Georgia Lottery Headquarters (GLC), a district office, or by mail.
Online & Mobile App
- Prizes $600 or less: Your winnings will be automatically added to your player’s iHOPE account.
- Prizes over $600: If you won over $600, you will receive an email from the GA Lottery with instructions on how to claim your prize.
With any win of more than $600, you must fill out a Winner Claim form and present a government-issued ID and your social security card.
How Long Does It Take to Receive Lottery Winnings in Georgia?
For most prize amounts, you can receive your payout the same day. However different prize amounts have some restrictions.
For prizes above $600:
- $601 – $249,999: Prizes claimed at the Georgia Lottery Headquarters or district offices will have payments made the same day.
- Up to $25,000: Prizes can be claimed same day at GA Lottery Kiosks located at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- $250,000 to $499,999: You must visit Georgia Lottery headquarters by 4 p.m. to receive your payment the same day. If you arrive after 4 p.m., you’ll receive payment the next day.
- $500,000 or more: You’ll receive your prize money within 5-10 days of the day you claimed your winnings. You’ll receive an electronic deposit into your bank account.
If you wish to claim prizes by mail, processing could take 4-6 weeks. You’ll mail it to the following address:
Georgia Lottery Corporation
P.O. Box 56966
Atlanta, GA 30343